Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009: Our Year in Review

I love my blog. I have been at this for about a year now and I still enjoy blogging very much, although you wouldn't know it by the amount of posts I have been writing lately. This has been a very topsy turvy year for my family and I have not had the motivation or self-discipline to manage things the way that I would have really liked to.

For starters, we added Grumpy to the family. I said I wouldn't be putting up any more pictures, but I am going to make an exception to show you guys how big he's getting.


Yep, he looks that grumpy pretty much all the time. He is a handful, but he is such a blessing and I can't even remember what life was like without him. He's walking now and he just cut his first tooth! I can't believe I am mama to an almost four year old and an almost one year old, the time is just flying by.

I have started trying to write seriously again this year to help make ends meet and that has been quite a challenge. I love the fact that I can make extra money to help out and still have my boys by my side. I am finally starting to find a rhythm that works for us, although our days are still pretty unpredictable.

I am also homeschooling Bug and while I'd like to say I have it all figured out, I don't. I am slowly beginning to understand what works best with him, but I have to fight my need to treat him like a kindergartner in military school, bless his heart. I have completely abandoned any type of curriculum based learning for the past two months and have just been following his lead. I have finally started to relax about it, there for awhile I was beginning to wonder if I was cut out for homeschooling, but the insanity has passed and we are moving forward with the original plan.

So, here I am taking a review and trying to figure things out. I no longer do New Year's resolutions, that's just setting myself up for failure. I do have a few things I plan to try and improve in the coming year, including managing my time more efficiently, improving our financial situation (not singlehandedly, the husband is in on the plan), taking better care of me (sounds selfish, but everyone in my family will end up suffering if I don't) and most importantly, spending more time reading my Bible and in prayer. That is so often the first thing that slides and then, of course, I don't handle anything with grace or ease.

I also have some plans for this blog and I want so badly to begin posting regularly here again. I refuse to say I will post regularly again because if I do, it will likely never happen. I am slowly figuring out why I get nothing done. In a post earlier this year I said that I was lazy, but I don't really think that's it. I believe I just get so overwhelmed by my responsibilities and all that I have to do that I zone out. The computer has been my escape, that's a battle that I'm finally starting to win. My husband pointed out recently when I was complaining about my lack of time that I spend far more of it on the computer than I realized. I was a little upset at first, but I have discovered that he is right. Don't you hate when that happens?

Anyway, to wrap up this long and rambling post, I am excited about the coming year. I have learned so much, most importantly how truly blessed I am. Even with all of the struggles I thank God for all that He has done for us in 2009. I hope that you and yours are having a wonderful holiday season, see you here next year!

1 comment:

Mom Mayhem says: said...

I'm with you -I can get overwhelmed with everything and then be such a procrastinator-Blah!
Here's hoping to a great new year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin